Hey guys, I've been getting a lot of questions on Delta builds and what we use at SnoLabs.
Ours is built off of the UltiBots D300VS Plus printer, however they're now out of business.
I have the printer built on Fusion 360 and here's the link!
Build of Materials:
For your convenience, I have included links to all of the items.
1 x Delta Corner Kit
3 x Silicone Feet M5
Cheaper alternatives: LDO Stepper (42STH47-1684MAC)
3 x Straight Precision Linear Shaft (We used 40 mm but you can use 35 mm)
6 meters Gates GT2 Belts
Cheaper Alternative is to go to Gates Unitta 2GT.
- Belt: 6 Meters Gates Unitta 2GT Belts
- Belt: 6 Meters Triangle Labs 2GT Belts (If you don't mind waiting.)
- Pulley: 6 x Gates Unitta 2GT Pulley
9 x Nylon Insert Lock Nut (M5)
6 x 375 mm Carbon Fiber rods with Ball Cup Ends (TrickLaser)
Note: TrickLaser isn't making them anymore, so you can use Hayden's Magball arms or make your own from carbon fiber rods and then ball cup ends from TrickLaser. Edit: TrickLaser shut their website down, I have some ball cup ends that will be modeled and uploaded to Thingiverse in the coming weeks.
Alternatives for beds:
1 x JohnSL FSR Board, 3 x FSR, 6x High temperature silicone pads (KIT LINK)
SSR/PSU Holder (From Fusion)
Electronics Holder (GitHub)
Spool Holder (GitHub)
Bed Clamps (GitHub)
End Stop Holder (GitHub)
Motion System: $74.16
XYZ Stepper Options:
- Moons: $121.20
- LDO: $59.97
Belt System Options:
- Gates USA GT2: $107.44
- Gates Unitta 2GT: $49.74
- Triangle Labs 2GT: $47.61
Carriages: $120.31 + Arms
Silicone Heater Subtotal: $83.74
- CSHyde Style: $158.00
- WhamBam: $86.00
Electronics: $256.90 + PanelDue
- E3D V6: $120.95
- E3D Gold Edition: $137.97
- Slice Engineering Magnum: $234.96
- Michael Hackney aka SublimeLayers
- WesC BMG Mount
- Our modified version of WesC's Mount for water-cooled v6s
- We use FSRs but you could also use other probing methods ie Precision Piezo
I believe that covers it all. Please feel free to reach out and I can add anything missing.