30 mil. Ultem® PEI w/ 3M™ 5 mil. Adhesive
Sheets come with adhesive pre-applied. Remove liner from back of sheet to expose adhesive.
How to prepare your PEI Sheet for 3D printing:
1) Clean your surface (glass or flex sheet) with IPA (>90%)
2) Apply your PEI sheet like you would a screen protector. Slightly peel off the adhesive backing, align, then slowly remove the backing as you progress.
Tip: Take you time and go slow!
3) Wetsand your sheet with 400 grit-600 grit- 1200 grit sandpaper.
- Spray some water onto the sheet, sand in one direction, rotate the sheet by 90 degrees then sand in the same direction.
- Wipe the sheet with a paper towel.
- Spray some water and proceed with the next desired grit.
- Once you're done, spray some >90% IPA, I prefer using 99%. Wipe and heat the bed to 50 for 5 mins to dry the IPA.
- Spray some IPA onto the sheet and let it dry one more time.
- Set your Z-probe (trigger height) correctly. It is important to get the right height with PEI, otherwise you'll have a hard time taking the part off the sheet; but can be done with an exacto knife then resand the sheet.